Our client is looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Senior IT Support Engineer to work as part of a determined and professional team, providing support to the overall IT services team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with excellent customer service skills who has strong experience in Microsoft server and server applications. Their main responsibilities will vary and will include: the day to day support of servers, applications, printing and HPC as well as maintaining remote services and remote access and the archiving and data restore among other responsibilities.
IT Support Engineer - Main responsibilities:
* Ensuring the availability of IT services and resources.
* Supporting company remote users and remote services. Setting up, maintaining and documenting VPN and FTP links when requested.
* Supporting and maintaining Linux systems; company backup and archive; printer solutions and network hardware and the HPC environment.
* Supporting and maintaining mobile device security and access to appropriate resources.
* Monitoring of file and folder access application and firewalls and reporting concerns to the IT Manager.
* Monitoring the effectiveness of incident management and making recommendations for improvement and driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process.
* Helping to design services and applications with the IT Manager, ensuring that they meet company requirements.
* Documenting and establishing the final release configuration of services and applications, including updates to service and applications.
* Building the release; testing it and updating documentation.
* Establishing and reporting outstanding known errors and workarounds and recommending permanent resolutions to issues and problems.
* Providing input to support change authorisation for check-in of the release.
* Comply with the Health and Safety procedures and quality standards.
* Member of the IT on call team.
* Working outside normal working hours may be required occasionally.
IT Support Engineer - Essential Skills and Qualifications:
IT Support Engineer - Minimum A Level education and/or HND with extensive experience.
* Experience of Sophos AV; VMWare; Firewall setup, configuration and monitoring.
* Strong experience of Microsoft server and server applications.
* Experience of service support.
* Strong Linux server and applications knowledge and experience.
* Experience in supporting HPC environments.
IT Support Engineer - Desirable skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in IT (or related subject).
* ITIL Foundation certification.
* Microsoft certification in Windows servers MCSA.
* Knowledge of IT security environments and standards.
* IT security experience in the defence sector.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Please apply ASAP